Saturday 31 January 2015

No Neutral, No Problem

January 31st, FINALLY.  This has been a looooooonnngg month; Black Out Style has definitely helped to pass the cold, and by that I mean cold and flu.  But this year feels different from last year...it was definitely easier to go a month without black, just like it was easier to go a month without pantsSnicker snicker.  I issued a challenge for the conclusion of Black Out Style to wear your brightest AND NO NEUTRALS.  I have been relying on grey and navy this month, so making an outfit with no neutrals took a little more thinking and I inadvertently wore almost the same outfit last January31st!
 
Mustard skinnies $4.20, vintage cobalt pumps $5.50 VV Boutique
Anchor necklace $1.50 Salvation Army Thrift Shop
Cobalt top B.T. (Before Thrifting), accessories from my closet

This outfit just reiterates what I discovered last Black Out Style - colour goes with colour! 
These are basically colour-wheel opposites in all their contrasty glory!

You can tie colours together with a printed scarf, accessory, layers or shoes...
I've said it before and I'll say it again: you CAN wear a scarf AND a necklace.
If love were a scarf, it would be this Anthro one.

Ultimately, it was absolutely no problem to wear no neutral today!  Then again, if you ask me, mustard is a neutral, leopard is a neutral, stripes are a neutral...  Before I give a recap of Black Out Style 2015, these mustard pants gave me the perfect segueway into my February focus: Day to Play!  In the month of February, I plan to show how to wear a piece for day (work, loosely interpreted!) and for play (date nights at Ikea with your family, loosely interpreted!).  Today, I wore the cobalt combo then switched into a "play" look which meant weekend casual!
Yep, I slipped into a hoodie and did laundry.
I don't know how much more Mom you can get.
If you catch me in a hoodie AND runners, please arrange an intervention.

Now for a quick and incomplete recap of my January ensembles...
There's more on Instagram, including some of my fave looks from the month!

I will tabulate the entries for Black Out Style participants and announce the winner of the She Does Create $50 GC!  If you played along, stay tuned on Twitter, Instagram and FacebookThanks for brightening up January with me!  
Colour has been awesome, but I'm looking forward to Monday's Style Prompt:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!