Wednesday 27 August 2014

St. Albert VV Boutique Sneak Peek

Edmonton is a great thrifting community!  As of this week, we have SEVEN Value Village locations in and around Edmonton.  I've been to them all and have never left disappointed.  Pretty impressive!  Yesterday I went to the Sneak Peek event at the new St. Albert location...
So happy to be there early enough to witness this awesome moment!
All the staff out front for a group shot!

I was almost first in line to experience a brand new store!
Ready to run in!  
Pretty sure I could take these people down but that would leave a bad first impression.

Value Village generously offered me a gift certificate to shop the St. Albert Sneak Peek event and as usual, I had no shortage of pieces to consider!
My cart was almost full after only the footwear, bags and scarves.
That's a Gucci bag on top!  
(I left it behind because I just can't do a fanny pack.  You'll understand this if you were an OT in the 90s.)

I was so happy to see many of my thrifting friends there!  Then, we all went our separate ways, focused on our mission to hunt the best scores!  Um, at least I think we all went our separate ways.  Maybe it was just me....  Before I share what I did buy, let me share my no-pile.
If I was building my wardrobe, all of these pieces would be great options!  
However, I'm trying to keep my closet under control, so I had to make some hard decisions and leave these behind.
I may already be having some TRS (Thrifting Regret Syndrome)...

To stay focused, I kept repeating my fall style list over and over.  I may have looked a tad crazy eccentric, because I'm pretty sure I was talking aloud: "plaid, green, chunky knits, leopard, bold colour" and so on.  It paid off though because every single yes-piece fit my list!  In order of appearance:
Houndstooth swing cardi is the perfect mix of it-pattern plus mod-vibe AND it's ponte knit.  Swoon.
Chunky-ish sweater AND open-weave AND blush.  That's a sweater triple-play!
My official shopping partner, my sister of She Does Create, found me this purple-patterned cardi.
This piece will make jeans and a tee way more interesting!  Shannon, I probably need some accessories to coordinate.
Chunky knit in a camel-y mustard?!  Come to Mama!
This plaid skirt is London Fog and will be fab with tights in the winter - I love me a winter skirt in a classic print.
The charcoal cozy chunky knit is Italian wool, soft as butter with a funnel neck.  
My J Brands have already asked this sweater out on a date.
Mr. Style would like me to wear this classic plaid flannel shirt everyday.  
When I tried to explain that plaid is having a fashion "moment," he said, plaid is always having a moment in my closet.
 This Jacob dress is another houndstooth ponte knit score!
The perfect dress to transition to fall and winter!  Can't wait to try it without another outfit underneath.
I had so many bag options, it was a lengthy elimination process.
In the end, I went with this red Italian leather P'Elle bag.  I liked the cross body size and the bold colour.
After, I realized I probably chose it because it matched the outfit I was wearing.
I also had several shoe and boot options but in the end, took home only these Clarks black leather booties in mint condition!
I don't think they've been worn!
I also found Clarks booties last year at the Sherwood Park Sneak Peek, so that makes a new tradition.
Oh, and I bought the socks too - couldn't resist the green pattern!

That concludes my finds from last night, but let me say, I saw so much more that I loved!!  Thank you Value Village for the gift certificate!  Stay tuned to see how I style these pieces into my everyday thrifted wardrobe!  The official Grand Opening of the St. Albert location is tomorrow, Thursday August 28th and you should definitely go!  Great deals to be had, unique pieces right on trend for Fall, friendly staff and a shiny new store!  It's a thrifting dream come true!  



3 comments:

  1. To be clear, I only gave up the beautiful sweater after trying it on myself…sigh. I am happy it stayed in the family. It was a fun night, especially passing everyone as we were each focused on finding treasures! I would love it if VV offered a private shopping party to us! Can you get on that Nicole….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purchases! Janet D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did we wear fanny packs at Rosehaven? Janet D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!