Saturday 24 August 2013

Club Wear

This may come as a surprise, but I do a lot of clubbing.  I love clubs so much, I am always trying to convince my friends to go to new clubs.  Every week I have a new idea for a great club.  Now before you call the authorities to report the 39-year-old mom in gold lamé dancing on the tables, I will admit those days never existed are over.  I've never been that sort of club-girl, but I do love book club, Splurge club, wine club, dinner club, restaurant adventure, card club, crop club...  If it is remotely club-y, I like-y.  

This week was a bonus week because Thursday was Splurge Sorority and Friday was Friday Night Book Club and I had the chance to wear some hand-me-down dresses with thrifted pieces.
Black high-low dress passed on from my sis.  Jewelry from my closet.

I had actually worn this dress during the day with a woven belt and casual accessories.  Though I neglected to take a photo, I was pleased at how easy it was to style the dress up or down.  The racer-back fit is surprisingly flattering on big boobs and arms without-muscle tone.  I even found a bra in my drawer with straps that can cross since I am old school and don't like my bra straps showing.  If you "like" my Facebook page, you will know the back-story behind these shoes... 
The Shoes I Didn't Steal $9.10 Anne Ross, unworn
 All from VV Boutique

 Next up is a printed maxi dress, also passed on by my sis
 Shoes from my closet, belt $2.10 from VV Boutique
Earrings by She Does Create

I love red and blue together; throw pink in the mix and I am even happier.  However, when I first put the dress on, I didn't love the fit.
Waistline, where are you?!

Fortunately, a belt saved the day!  Add simple accessories like this coral bracelet from Cuba and I'm good to go!  I also wore my short sleeve poppy cardi but was too busy talking books and snuggling babies to snap a shot.
Proof of my love of blue is my sapphire wedding ring!

There you have it.  Now, a collective sigh of relief that I didn't subject the public to too-short age-inappropriate club wear.  

I should really start a thrifting club...

2 comments:

  1. love the maxi dress---super cute!

    thrift club - fab idea!!!! - i'm in....i often see stuff that is so good but i know isnt for me....we could all swap our want lists and shop 4 each other as well as shopping for ourselves.....ha ha ha...OMG....

    (or perhaps i will just start the cray cray lady club - see i'm a 'clubber' too!)

    cheers
    su :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, the back of your maxi dress is gorgeous! i didn't see it with your sweater on!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!