Sunday 25 November 2012

Grey Cup Sunday Shopping

This is a special Sunday for Canadians - it is Grey Cup Sunday, which usually involves comfy clothes, long football on TV and good snacks!  Though this is fun even for those of us who aren't exactly football fans, this year, something even better was in store for me and my friends - a home jewelry party featuring accessories designed and hand-made by my talented sister Shannon of She Does Create.  I obviously value the idea of supporting local business and today's experience only reinforced that!  We had a great time visiting, snacking and doing a little fun exercise to explore our style.  Most importantly, we had fun circling the table of earrings, bracelets and necklaces, discovering something new with each pass!



I selected my ensemble for the day with the intention of having a blank canvas to showcase the fab designs and represent what would be a fairly typical look for many women, to then show how you can change your look with accessories - and stretch your wardrobe!  So, I wore a black scoop neck 3/4 sleeve top with a navy cardi.  The gals at Ain't No Mom Jeans say that black and navy are interesting together and I agree wholeheartedly!  Here are some of my favourite pieces from the party!
This mustard and gold beauty came home with me, of course.
The Flatter Me belt allowed me to change up the look -
belted over the cardi, under the cardi, high or low or through the loops of my J Brand skinnies
Long blue leopard and fancy stone, with gold and coppery strands.
Came home with me too.  Crawled right into my purse, full of "goodwill."
I like the *serious* buttoned cardi with the *wild* pendant print!
This multicoloured strand closes by putting a tiny dove through a wreath. 
Hard to get a close photo but it was delicate yet versatile and interesting.
This turquoise statement necklace is stunning!
If it doesn't go to a good home before my next Splurge Sorority gathering
(where Shannon will bring her wares again!), I'm sure it will follow me home.
"Here Turquoise Turquoise!  Come to your new mommy"
This is my touched by an angel shot!
Featuring a new design with interchangeable charms!
My cup runneth over!
Here my smart and stylish friend models the layered look,which I LOVE! 
I love love love mixing and matching accessories,
exercising my creativity, exploring my style and getting more wear from my jewelry!
 
And here is my layered look with white, teal, silver and sparkle! 
My arm party layering!
Chances are, most of us have been to a big name jewelry party and, though their pieces are gorgeous, there is undoubtedly something special about the hand-designed, hand-made touch.  Most of these pieces are one-of-a-kind and feature unique beads with a story!  The individualized attention is somehow evident in each piece!  You won't find your necklace on anyone else...  Come to think of it, it's like shopping at VV Boutique!  There is a story behind all my VV Boutique pieces; whether I know it or not, I can sense it, and that makes them special!

1 comment:

  1. Can you let me know when the next jewellery viewing is? I'd like to do some shopping :)
    janet

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!